Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Blog of the Dead Interview

We have a special post here on Mike and Chuck's Blog of the Dead. Today, is about the future. Weird, I know. But I mean the future generation of horror fans. My (Chuck) little cousin Matthew Burdash is a 9 year old kid whose becoming sucked in to the genre known as horror. After having a nice discussion with Matthew, I decided to do an interview with him exclusively for the blog. He was really stoked about the idea, so here it is! The BD is Blog of the Dead, and MB is Matt Burdash.

BD: If you can remember, what was your first horror movie?
MB: Hmm…well the first was the original Night of the Living Dead on Halloween night. I watched it with my dad, brother, and some friends. It was pretty scary because people are dressed like zombies and that sort of stuff. I really liked the part when [Dwayne] used the shotgun to kill all the zombies
BD: How old were you when you first watched Night of the Living Dead?
MB: I was 8 years old.
BD: How did you first get into watching these movies?
MB: My dad told me that watching horror movies was a tradition on Halloween. After I realized that horror movies were not real, I started to watch more and more. Now, I love them.
BD: What is your favorite horror movie?
MB: My favorite horror movie is A Nightmare on Elm Street.
BD: What about A Nightmare On Elm Street makes it your favorite?
MB: Well I really like the weapon that Freddy uses, it’s pretty dang cool. My favorite is the knived for fingernails, that’s awesome.
BD Is it safe to say then that Freddy Krueger is your favorite horror character?
MB: Yes he is. Besides the really cool weapon, I think it’s really cool that he shows up in your dreams. I liked the ghost of Freddy coming through the wall, and then seeing him disappear when Nancy woke up.
BD: Do you think a horror movie can be scary without all the gore?
MB: Yes I think a movie could be scary without those things. The serial killers could pop out of nowhere and such.
BD: If you could make your own horror film, how would it go?
MB: I’d put in Freddy Kruger, Michael Meyers, and Jason together. It would be called Jason vs Freddy and Michael Meyers. I would have the setting in an apartment complex. It would be a contest on who can kill the most people.
BD: Will you continue to watch horror movies? Why?
MB: Yes I will. Because they’re really cool. I love zombies and slashers.
BD: Which is your favorite genre? Slasher or Zombie?
MB: Hmm… I don’t know. I’ve gotta say slashers, because they don’t die that easily. It only takes one shot to kill a zombie. One time, a girl hit Jason in the brain with an axe and he doesn’t die.
BD: Who has been your biggest inspiration for getting into horror?
MB: My dad. He’s encouraged me to watch them, stating that they weren’t real. He helped me get over my fear of scary movies, especially zombies. He would act like a zombie in order for me to get over the fear. He has had the biggest impact on me when it comes to horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment